Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A peek inside my visual journal

For the last few years whenever I see a postcard, advertisement, graphic design of any sort including pieces of paper flying around on the street that I think look interesting I pick it up and put it in my collection. As an artist I am an incredibly visual person and looking at the bright colors and inspiring designs makes my soul happy. Until last May I would use the pieces I collected for various projects and as background pieces in my scrapbook. But one day as I was perusing the craft section at Barnes and Noble I picked up a book on art journals.

I fell in love! Finally something to do with my found pieces! Now I will admit that my visual journal is not nearly as gorgeous as the ones in that book but I figured I'd give you a peek at the contents anyway. Enjoy!

Here's what the outside looks like




And here's a few pages of the inside!


























If you want to try something like this I would highly recommend it! Essentially you just throw in things that you think look cool. You can add as many layers as you like of whatever you want. And it can either include writing or be entirely wordless. I would love to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I love the way you mixed in quotes and scripture with the photos. this looks like something Adele would do so I will pass the idea on to her.

    ReplyDelete