Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fall please?

Hello faithful readers! Sorry it has been such a long time since my last post! I am currently working on my new website and wanted to wait until it was finished to post a new blog. As you may have noticed, this is not a new website. I decided that instead of holding out another week or so I would continue posting my creative ramblings for your reading pleasure.

With that said I will let you in on something I began at the beginning of June. It is called the "Christmas Morning Sweater", perfect for midsummer right? Wrong. Some people refuse to knit at all during the summer months because it is simply too hot outside. That wasn't the problem in this case. In fact, I choose the warmest, bulkiest yarn possible for my summer knitting because people keep the AC set to 47 degrees (well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but still it's far too cold inside for most of the summer) so it feels nice to have a cozy sweater in progress on my lap.

The actual bummer part of knitting such a wonderful Christmas sweater in the summer is that now that it's finished I love it and can't wear it without dying of heat exhaustion!

In my mind this would be an ideal situation for wearing this incredibly soft, warm, happy sweater:


Cozy right?

This is the current situation:


Boo!

Now, take note of this moment. If you know me at all you will realize that this is in fact a very rare occasion. Instead of basking in the glorious heat of summer I am counting down the days until we get a nice, chilly, rainy day so I can finally wear my grey, 100% alpaca, wonder sweater.

I must give props to the designer Caddy Melville Ledbetter for an incredibly well written pattern! Way to be awesome! This pattern is from a book called Warm Knits, Cool Gifts
which has quite the selection of great pattern, I highly recommend it.

This sweater is a gorgeous garment with a non-traditional sleeve and a removable cowl. It was named the "Christmas Morning" sweater because it is cozy enough to be worn in the early morning festivities on Christmas morning then can be transformed into a dressier looking piece (with the addition the cowl) for Christmas dinner.

This project took from start to finish about 10 days.

1 comment: