Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dreary weather inspires thoughts of Christmas

It seems that it has been a while since I have posted anything. I hope you didn't think I had quit altogether. On the contrary, The truth is I had started so many new and exciting projects that I just didn't finish anything for a while. But finally yesterday I finished a little something called "endpaper mitts"!

We are back on the East coast and after lots of rain in April I expected lots of sunny days filled with May flowers! I started altering my wardrobe for summer and designing all manner of knit lace projects suited for warmer weather. However, the weather has been slightly less than obliging.

For the past few weeks it has felt much more like we're heading into fall than into summer. It has been raining, cold and all I've really wanted to eat is nice hot soup. I'm sure it hasn't helped that we are near the coast in some of the Northernmost states. Nothing like spring in New England to ruin my summer planning. The nice thing is since it feels like fall I've been in the mood to start making this year's Christmas presents! I am under the opinion that if its cold outside it should be almost Christmastime and it should most definitely be Christmas when there is snow on the ground! I know you're thinking "Seriously Lacie, Christmas presents in May?" but alas, I may or may not have started on some exciting Christmas goodies!

As I mentioned earlier the April showers only brought more rain instead of flowers this May so I thought it fitting to make something cozy but still a bit dainty. With this in mind I found a pattern by Eunny Jang called Endpaper Mitts. I had been wanting to make them for quite a while and thought the cooler weather afforded a wonderful opportunity to do so! They were my first color work project (knitting with two or more colors at once) so I ended up pulling the first one out a number of times before I figured it out. As you'll notice there are a series of little blue and black diamonds. After I figured out how I was supposed to read the color chart in the pattern they were actually quite simple! What a rewarding little set!




Sitting inside, reading a good book while it rains outside will only be made better with my hands snuggled inside these comfy little mitts, thank you God for a little taste of fall before we jump into summer!


1 comment:

  1. Can I put these on my Christmas list? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete